The followings are all you need to know about Edo State College of Nursing Science, department of Midwifery, as compiled by Myschoolnews.ng
About the Department Of Midwifery
Welcome to the department of midwifery, Edo State College of Nursing Sciences, Nigeria. The department is currently running a three (3) year basic midwifery program as approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- The basic Midwifery education program is a six-semester program of study. Being a three (3) year course, each year has two (2) semesters and there is an examination at the end of each semester. The final qualifying examination comes after the second (2nd) semester of the 3rd year.
- The department is specially designed for the training of midwives who are skilled, versatile, and critical to the delivery of safe maternal and child health services. This midwife will be capable of high-level health care to individuals and expectant families in their homes, communities, hospitals, rural and urban health centers of the society, for optimal infant, maternal, family, and societal wellbeing. Furthermore, upon completion of these programs, graduates are expected to be professionally competent generalists in midwifery practice. The Department has qualified Educators and our teaching methods are based on integrating theory with related practical demonstration and clinical experience which allow for easy comprehension of courses by the students.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Interested candidates must have a credit pass in at least five subjects at the GCE/WAEC/NECO at least not more than two sittings.
- The subjects must include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language.
- Candidates are also required to do a Computer Based Test (CBT) and successful candidates will be admitted into the program.
The school has an equipped demonstration rooms/skilled laboratory, conducive classrooms, students’ hostel as well as a serene environment.