In the 50s and early 60s, getting a secondary school certificate would guarantee a government job for you, so many SSCE holders obtained federal government jobs with only their SSCE result, but that is no longer possible today.
In Nigeria, a lot has changed in terms of education growth, now the first degree is seen as almost nothing, though Labour employers do not really fancy first degree as they prefer to reserve any juicy role to those with a postgraduate degree.
You need more than a first degree today to get a decent job, this is mainly since the vast number of job seekers who compete for each vacant job role leaves the Labour employer to handpick the best hands.
If you are looking for a good option for a postgraduate program at a university, then think of UNILAG. The institution was founded in 1962 and is considered to have one of the most reliable academic calendars.
Steps to Get UNILAG Postgraduate Form 2021/2022
The form is sold at 22,500
- Go to http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/ to start your application
- You have to click the 2021/2022 Applications link.
- Confirm that your program is available and that you’re eligible for it
- Click on “Application Form” and choose the Postgraduate option.
- Before you get an invoice, you must fill out the required details; don’t forget to print this invoice.
- Pay the sum of 25,000 through REMITA platform.
- If you choose to pay online, you must click on PAY NOW.
- You now have to return to the UNILAG postgraduate portal to resume your application once you have successfully paid the bill.
- Remember to fill all the necessary information on the form. Your passport should not be more than 15KB. Click submit when you are done.
- Every applicant must have a first degree.
- A screening process will have to take place for interested applicants.
- It should not apply to applications that have not completed the NYSC program.
- There are no eligible applicants who have graduated from the Outreach/Satellite campus
- Interested applicants are advised to forward their transcripts to the School of Postgraduate Studies’ Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary.
- Those applying for a Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil) must have an upper second class first degree and a CGPA degree of at least 3.50.
- Those applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) must have a Master of Philosophy degree or a Masters of Science degree with a CGPA of 4.0.
- Finally, all applicants were given a directive to contact their department if there were vacancies/supervisors available before the application process began.
Note: you must print your examination pass as this will be used to identify those for the exam.
Scan your credentials (original not results statement) and send your application along with it.
All applicants need to have completed their NYSC program.
|DETAILS||NEW STUDENTS||RETURNING STUDENTS|
|S/No.||Science (N)||Non- Science(N)||Science||Non- Science(N)|
|3.||I. D. Card||1,000.00||1,000.00||1,000.00||1,000.00|
|8.||Information Tech. (IT)||2,000.00||2,000.00||1,000.00||1,000.00|
|11.||Accommodation Fee (Optional)||58,000.00||58,000.00|