The Management of the Kenule Beenson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic (KENPOLY), Bori, has released the approved requirements for admission into the ND and HND part-time programmes of the Polytechnic, Myschoolnews.ng report.
The entry requirements for both the ND and HND part-time programme for the RIVPOLY admission for the 2019/2020 academic session can be seen below;
National Diploma (ND) Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the National Diploma (ND) Programme are:
1. Possession of a minimum of five Credit passes in the West African School Certificate, General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level, Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE), National Examination Council (NECO) or their equivalent in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings; English Language and Mathematics inclusive.
2. Candidates who possess good passes in City and Guild, National Technical Certificate (NTC) and National Technical Education Board (NABTEB) may also be considered for Engineering and Technology Courses.
3. Candidates awaiting the results
of the above examination Boards may also apply.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programme
The Minimum requirements for Admission into the Higher National Diploma are:
1. National Diploma (ND) from Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori or other recognized and accredited Polytechnics, with a minimum grade of LOWER CREDIT in relevant discipline.
2. Possession of entry requirement for the corresponding National Diploma (ND) Programme.
3. Possession of a certified one year Post-National Diploma Industrial Work Experience in approved establishment, industry or a business organization.
4. In exceptional cases, ND holders with a Pass (CGPA) of 2.00 –2.49) in the ND examination with two or more years of cognate experience in the specific fields may be considered for admission into HND Programme.